Johan Zoffany, “The Tribuna of the Uffizi,” Oil on canvas, 123.5 x 154.9 cm., Royal Collection, Windsor
WHY WE CAN HELP YOU
Collectors often ask us about the benefits of consulting with OMNP? Couldn’t many of the services performed by a consultant be done just as easily by the collector?
In part, yes. For those with the time, interest, expertise, and resources, a DIY approach makes complete sense. For those, however, who are looking to build and properly care for a valuable collection of art (particularly in Old Masters), our assistance will save you time and money (mainly in areas where mistakes can be costly ).
In final analysis, there is also a deeper, more important reason for consultation. OMNP exists because of our passion for Old Masters. We are enthusiastic about igniting yours as well, whether it be introducing you to the great works of the past, describing the collecting opportunities available today, or helping you gain a greater appreciation of what great art from all ages has in common. We are here to help enrich the experience of collecting in all of its aspects, intellectual and even spiritual, as well as financial.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
We offer personable and professional assistance in acquiring, enlarging, and managing your collection- handling responsibilities that are, at best, hassles, and at worst disasters waiting to happen. Some these include:
- Researching the authenticity and provenance of a work, avoiding the pitfalls of forgery and restitution.
- Maintaining a thorough and cost-effective insurance plan for your collection.
- Travelling to examine possible purchases and assess their quality.
- Outlining the tax law associated with any artwork you have inherited or plan to sell, and identifying your best option for its sale or donation to a charity or a trust.
- Bidding at auctions.
- Handling shipment issues, such as the safe and efficient delivery of a work, and obtaining an export license for a purchase.
- Coordinating with you or your interior decorator on how to safely install, light, and store works.
For large and/or growing collections we can also help with:
- Customizing a streamlined archive/database to organize and securely store all information on works in your collection.
- Developing an attractive publication/presentation of your collection for visitors and prospective exhibitions or donations to a museum or nonprofit organization
DISCOUNTS AND ACCESS
Many art collections start out as an extension of an owner’s reputation, but in the best instances, they grow to reflect the owner’s spirit. We can help you move along in this direction.
We have access to the artwork and services that you want and your collection deserves. Through our knowledge of the art market, and network of galleries and collectors, we can:
- Give you comprehensive insight on Old Masters and the art market, helping to translate your tastes and vision for your collection into thoughtful purchase options.
- Find the works that you want, and assess numerous factors that determine their value (condition, rarity, provenance, and overall quality).
- Negotiate their price for you at a discount, never taking a commission from the other side.
- Update you on works of interest at upcoming auctions and on the private market.
- Offer informative tours of major art fairs, museums, and galleries.
- Compose a strategy towards building and developing your collection over the short and long term.
- Identify the best options and timing for selling a piece from your collection.
- Forward to you the trade discount for all outsourced services that go into your collection’s management (including shipping, storage, conservation, restoration, and appraisals.)
We offer a first time consultation with you at no cost, aside from any travel expenses. Initially we discuss with clients the scope of their needs, their budgets, and schedule. We then draw up and provide an individual service proposal and estimate.
Billing terms are flexible. We can work on an hourly rate, commission, or both, which is determined on a case by case basis. In most cases we will charge you a reasonable and affordable retainer to start.
For further information contact James Wilentz, at firstname.lastname@example.org